Gunmen1

Prof. Bernard Odo, the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) in Ebonyi State have escaped death on Thursday night when his convoy was attacked by gunmen suspected to be assassins as confirmed by his Media Aide, Charles Otu.

Otu said his principal was returning from a campaign rally when they ran into the ambush at the Rest House area along the Enugu/Abakaliki expressway.

The gunmen, who parked Sienna bus along the road, opened fire on the convoy aiming the candidate’s vehicle, which was completely shattered.

His driver was reportedly shot and bleeding forcing his Police orderly to maneuver the vehicle out of the area.

The driver later died due to the severity of the gunshot injuries he sustained, while three others sustained bullet wounds.

It was reported that the attack was the second major attempt on the APGA candidate after he was first attacked last year in Izzi Local Government Area where he was going for campaign, while adding that those injured are receiving treatment at a hospital in Abakaliki, the state capital.

Otu, in a statement, said five persons are still missing form the attack, adding that one of the cars in the convoy was also set ablaze by the gunmen.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Characters: 0/150