Buhari Tinubu

The Presidential Transition Council (PTC) has given a reassurance of the May 29, 2023 handover, reaffirming that all necessary arrangements have been put in place for a successful exercise.

The PTC reaffirmed the sanctity of the handover for next administration.

It stated that the refurbishment of offices of the President elect Senator Bola Tinubu and the Vice President elect, Kashim Shettima had been completed.

The refurbishment was completed with the same facilities at the Defence House.

It added that the operatives of the State Services (DSS) and Nigeria Police Force (NPF) have been mobilised to the locations of the president elect and his VP.

The transition council revealed that protocol officers have been connected to them from the National Intelligence Agency and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

This was revealed by the Secretary to Government of the Federation and Chairman of the PTC, Boss Mustapha in Abuja.

He said the handover or swearing in would take place on May 29 irrespective of the litigations in contradiction to the requirements of the country’s Constitution.

He said court processes might proceed after the inauguration until final conclusion by the supreme court.

He explained that President Muhammadu Buhari would not spend an extra day in power.

The Informant247 earlier reported that the Department of State Services (DSS) confirmed a plot “by some key players” to put in place an interim government and stop the president-elect, Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu from being sworn-in as president.

The said DSS admitted that there are plans to stage violent protests across the federation and cause a declaration of a state of emergency.

The DSS also revealed that some elements are planning to secure frivolous court injunction to frustrate the process of inauguration in the country.

The mouthpiece of the secret police said: “The Department of State Services (DSS) has identified some key players in the plot for an Interim Government in Nigeria.

“The Service considers the plot, being pursued by these entrenched interests, as not only an aberration but a mischievous way to set aside the constitution and undermine civil rule as well as plunge the country into an avoidable crisis.

“The illegality is totally unacceptable in a democracy and to the peace loving Nigerians. This is even more so that the machination is taking place after the peaceful conduct of the elections in most parts of the country.”

The spokesperson also admitted that some protests witnessed in recent time were being sponsored.

“The planners, in their many meetings, have weighed various options, which include, among others, to sponsor endless violent mass protests in major cities to warrant a declaration of State of Emergency. Another is to obtain frivolous court injunctions to forestall the inauguration of new executive administrations and legislative houses at the Federal and State levels,” he said.

“The DSS supports the President and Commander-in-Chief in his avowed commitment to a hitch-free handover and will assiduously work in this direction. It also supports the Presidential Transition Council and such other related bodies in the States. It will collaborate with them and sister security and law enforcement agencies to ensure seamless inaugurations come 29th May, 2023.

“Consequently, the Service strongly warns those organising to thwart democracy in the country to retract from their devious schemes and orchestrations.

“Stakeholders, notably judicial authorities, media and the Civil Society, are enjoined to be watchful and cautious to avoid being used as instruments to subvert peace and stability of the nation. While its monitoring continues, the DSS will not hesitate to take decisive and necessary legal steps against these misguided elements to frustrate their obnoxious intentions.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Characters: 0/150