IMG 20221031 WA0032 468x430 1

Kwara: Cooking gas explosion kills Housewife, husband sustains injury

A cooking gas explosion has reportedly killed a housewife, one Mrs Adeola Adewale at Terbanacle 2c Area, Egbe Garage in Omu-Aran Irepodun Local Government Area of Kwara State on Monday.

It was gathered that the incident happened at about 10:35 am while the deceased was trying to prepare her family food.

The authorities of the state Fire Service confirmed the incident, disclosing that the husband of the deceased was trapped before he was rescued and taken to the hospital.

According to the Head of Department, Media and Publicity of the Kwara State Fire Service, Adekunle Hassan, “Firemen were able to put the situation under control on time and saved the victim’s husband who had also been trapped inside the fire explosion.

“Furthermore, the officers took him to the hospital to receive prompt treatment.

“Report says that the areas affected by the fire that was generated from the gas explosion were the sitting room, kitchen and dining room.

The Director, Kwara State Fire Service, Prince Falade John Olumuyiwa, however, charged the general public particularly women to go learn the correct practice of using cooking gas cylinders.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *